Gum Disease Laser Therapy
What is gum disease laser therapy?
Gum disease laser therapy is a minimally invasive procedure that uses lasers to treat gum disease. It is a safe and effective way to remove diseased gum tissue and promote healing.
Benefits of gum disease laser therapy
- Reduced pain and discomfort: Laser therapy is virtually painless, and there is minimal bleeding and swelling.
- Faster healing time: Laser therapy stimulates the body’s natural healing process, so you can recover more quickly.
- Reduced risk of infection: Lasers sterilize the treatment area, which reduces the risk of infection.
- Greater precision: Lasers can be used to target specific areas of diseased tissue without damaging healthy tissue.
- Versatility: Laser therapy can be used to treat a variety of gum disease conditions, including gingivitis and periodontitis.
How is gum disease laser therapy performed?
During gum disease laser therapy, your dentist will use a laser to remove diseased gum tissue and bacteria from around your teeth and below the gum line. The laser will also stimulate the growth of new, healthy gum tissue.
Am I a candidate for gum disease laser therapy?
If you have gum disease, you may be a candidate for gum disease laser therapy. However, it is important to talk to your dentist to determine if laser therapy is the best treatment option for you.
Contact Dr. Vogel or Dr. Boyd today to learn more about gum disease laser therapy and whether it is right for you.